A. How to Prime a Jet Pump:
- Remove priming plug.
- Prime system by filling pump and suction pipe with water.
- Replace priming plug loosely.
- Turn pump on and make sure pump is delivering water. If no water is pumped within 15 seconds, turn pump off and re-prime.
- After pump is primed, tighten priming plug.
Important: The pump housing and piping MUST BE MANUALLY PRIMED (filled with water) the first time, before running the motor, or damage will result that WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
Note: On existing deep wells, make sure proper ejector is being used. If ejector does not match pump, the pump may not build pressure and may not prime properly.
B. How to Winterize a Jet Pump:
- Turn off power supply to your pump.
- Open a faucet to drain water from tank. Our pressurized diaphragm tank will allow most water to escape, eliminating potential freezing hazards.
- Drain water from pump by opening drain plug on bottom side of pump housing.
- Before using the pump again, replace drain plugs and manually re-prime the pump. Your Star pump is a self priming pump after it has initially been primed with water.
Freezing causes the casing to crack and is not covered under warranty.
C. Jet Pump Do's and Don'ts:
- Don't run pump dry (without water).
- Don't pump oil, petroleum products, chemicals, cleaning agents or viscous liquids.
- Do fill pump and plumbing with water before start-up.
- Do make certain all valves and nozzles on both the inlet and outlet sides of the pump are open while pump is in operation.
- Do install pressure relief valve.
- Do ground motor, do not ground to a gas supply line.
- Do wire motor to correct supply voltage. See motor nameplate and wiring diagrams and check voltage of power supply.
Convertible Jet Pump Quick Start Guide
ES Series Shallow Well Jet Pump Installation Video
JH Series Convertible Jet Pump Installation Video
Shallow Well Jet Pump Quick Start Guide